To write an abstract which describes the important parts of your research plan and to review at least 5 important and journal articles relevant to your research plan. This must be based around extending the research outlined in the journal paper you have selected at the start of the course.
In undertaking this exercise, you must demonstrate the following:
- A clear title and key words
- An abstract using the hour glass method of approach as outlined in lectures .
- Technical knowledge of the research topic and its relevance to society. A brief research plan including a research hypothesis, an outline of the research methods to be used, and the statistical methods needed to prove your hypothesis
- A literature review of at least 5 references which have been carefully analysed.
- A correctly formatted list of references.
You must demonstrate an understanding of the lecture material and the workshop feedback given during the course. Obvious inconsistencies with the lecture material will degrade the final score significantly.
The Assessment Plan
- Project title and four key words relevant to the planned experimental research.
- A brief research plan including a research hypothesis, an outline of the research methods to be used, and the statistical methods needed to prove your hypothesis