Aims: This task is designed to challenge you to select an area in your managerial role where you wish to plan and implement a change, using theory and techniques covered within this module.
Skills Development: This individual-based task should help develop your skills in the following areas:
- Planning and organizing
- Developing a vision and strategy
- Anticipating resistance to change
- Strategic thinking on overcoming resistance to change
- Influencing and motivating others towards changing
1. Outline an area in your managerial role where you wish to make a change. Describe how this will impact the overall organization in terms of its future performance.
2. With the aid of management of change theories and methodologies, formulate a vision and strategy of how you plan to implement the change, describe how the change process will impact the organization and outline your strategy to sell the change to others.
3. Discuss any resistance to change you anticipate and set out how you plan to overcome such resistance and motivate those involved to accept the change.