Assume you have $100,000 in savings. Create an investment portfolio of securities worth $100,000. Decide what financial instruments you would like to use then find their current prices. You can use financial instruments from anywhere in the world, however you may only use a maximum of 4 different ones. [Financial instrument = investment choice: (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, business, property, etc.)]
- Calculate your holdings of each security based on their current prices
- Provide details for each of the financial instrument that you are using. Country of origin, company name, historic values, etc.
- Why did you select the financial instruments that you did? Describe the benefits of the investment you chose. High returns? Good reputation? Safe, low risk investment?
- Explain how each of the following economic events would directly affect the value of your portfolio, if at all.
- An increase or decrease in interest rates
- A recession
- A depreciation of the Canadian dollar